My name is Kayla York and I'm a photographer based out of south-central Illinois. I started showing an interest in photography in middle school. When I won best of show for a photograph at a local fair my sophomore year of high school I started considering photography as a career and haven't looked back since.
I attended the Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville and graduated in 2014 with Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Photographic Imaging. I then moved back to Illinois and opened a studio in Martinsville, IL in October of 2014.
Some fun facts about me:
- I love animals, especially dogs! I have a dog named Kiera who is the princess of the house!
- I love belting out my favorite songs in the car or listening to true crime podcasts.
- If I'm editing photos a show on Netflix is most likely on in the background.
- I have a twin brother.
- Game nights are my favorite!
- I get excited about pretty light and silhouettes.
I would love to get to know you as well, head over to the contact page to get in touch with me!